Letters of Credit
Letters of credit are a secure method of payment, used in both international and local trade, enabling buyers to secure a period of credit before settling through undertaking to make payment at a later date upon verification of specified documents.
- This is a written undertaking by Family Bank at the request of its customer, typically the applicant
- Provides secure method of payment in international trade and the buyer is able to get a period of credit before having to pay for imports
- An import letter of credit facility or cash margin
- Duly filled and signed Family Bank application form
- Pro-forma invoice
- Copy of an import declaration form (IDF)
- Insurance, if cover is being provided by the buyer
Structured Trade Finance
Finance for fast-moving goods
Local Purchase Order Financing
Short-term financing for suppliers & contractors
Access credit to settle bills of exchange
Speak to a professional today
Fill in your details in the form below and we will respond to your request within 15 minutes. Fields marked with (*) are required.