How do I open a Mkenya Daima Diaspora Account?
Follow the steps below to open an account:
- Download the account opening form(s)
- Complete the application details
- Upload and scan a copy of the filled out form and the required documents duly authorized and signed via email to email@example.com
- If you filled hard copy form, send scanned documents in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Family Bank will open the account and notify you regarding your account status
Where do I send my documents?
Scan and send all documents in PDF format to: email@example.com
Send all hard copies to the following address:
Family Bank Limited
Diaspora Banking – Family Bank Towers
P O Box 74145-00200
What documents are necessary to open a Mkenya Daima Diaspora Account?
Read the Mkenya Daima Checklist
What is KRA PIN and how do I get one?
A KRA PIN is a personal identification number which identifies you for purposes of transacting business with the Kenya Revenue Authority, other Government agencies and service providers. For more information, visit the Kenya Revenue Authority website.
What is FATCA?
The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) is a U.S. law intended to promote better tax compliance by ensuring that U.S. persons (citizens and residents) with assets held outside of the U.S. are compliant with U.S. tax laws.
Do you offer accounts in different currencies and what is the benefit of this?
Our Diaspora accounts can be opened in KES, EUR, USD or GBP currencies. The benefit of opening an account in a different currency other than KES is that you would have control when you would like your funds to be converted, since they remain in the account in the currency they are remitted in.
What investment opportunities available to a diaspora client?
We have several investment options, which include:
- Trading in the stock market – you can trade in the stock market as long as you have a CDS account and valid Family Bank account
- CBK treasury bills and bonds – We help you apply for CBK bonds, dissemination of successful applications and payment for successful bonds are done
- Fixed and call deposit accounts – We offer competitive interest rates on these accounts
How do I apply for financing?
To qualify for diaspora financing, the following requirements must be fulfilled:
- You must be residing abroad
- Have an active Family Bank account
- Pay slips for the last 3 months
- Letter from employer confirming employment status (whether on permanent or contract basis)
- Spousal consent – form provided by Family Bank
- If single – sworn affidavit (notarized)
- Bank statements for the last 6 months on your salary account
- KRA PIN
- Copies of your Kenyan ID and passport
- 2 passport size photos
- Provide a sale agreement witnessed by a lawyer (It is advisable to appoint a power of attorney in Kenya to sign on your behalf)
- Copy of title to property being purchased/charged (notarized)
- Valuation report with photographs of property being financed and/or charged together with certificate of official search from Land Registry (this will be carried out after assessing applicant)
- Filled in insurance form (to be provided by Family Bank)
How do I activate my Visa Prepaid Card?
To activate your Family Bank Visa Prepaid Card, follow these steps:
- Go to the Safaricom menu on your handset
- Select M-PESA
- Select ‘Lipa na M-PESA’ from the menu
- Select ‘Pay Bill’ option
- Enter Business Number 222169
- Enter your 16-digit card number (e.g. 4592 5300 **** ****) as the account number
- Input the amount to top-up (Minimum is KES 200.00)
- Input your M-PESA PIN
- Confirm the transaction (amount, Pay Bill number, card number) and then press OK
- Await top-up confirmation message
- Your card will be automatically activated after successful top-up
What is an insurance claim?
An insurance claim is the actual application for benefits provided by an insurance company.